4.18.2009

Baked Ziti...

You have to know that my favorite food is hot italian sausage... hands down number 1.

Baked Ziti

1 pound of hot italian sausage... I use Johnsonville only because it's my only option, taking the meat of out the casing and cutting it into bite size pieces
1 pound of ground chuck 
1 medium yellow onion chopped
48 ozs of your favorite sauce, I prefer Prego when in a pinch.  I am still perfecting my homemade sauce
1 pound of Ziti pasta parboiled for 5 minutes
1 12 oz countainer of whole milk ricotta cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzerella cheese
1 cup of frozen chopped spinached thawed and drained 
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese

Brown meats and onion in a deep skillet.  Remove from heat. Add sauce, ricotta, and spinach.  Stir well.  Add pasta and mozzerella cheese toss gently.  Turn out into a "Pam"ed casserole or 9x13 Pyrex.  Melt butter and mix with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.  Sprinkle over the top.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Let it sit 5 minutes before serving.